These measurements are good estimates/guidelines. You may find you need to add a little more binder (egg white) or a little more or less flour. As you have probably experienced yourself- recipes followed to the dot don’t often work, it takes a little of your own guestimates in quantities to get consistency right.
3-4 medium zucchini- grated
3 jalapeños diced
3 or so sprigs coriander. I used about ¾ of a cup
3-4 shallots or scallions finely sliced
2 -3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
¾ cup parmesan-shredded
2 large garlic cloves – minced
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 large organic egg
1 cup of flour- I used almond to keep it keto
1 heaped teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon or so of lime zest
Oil for your pan
Sword fish- enough for two
Rocket- enough for your side salad
Ingredients for the Avocado cream:
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 cup spinach
Juice from ½ a lime
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Grate zucchini- I used a food processor. Sprinkle with a couple of teaspoons of salt, let stand for 10 mins.
- Dice up jalapeños
- Mince your garlic.
- In a separate bowl, add all of your dry ingredients including all herbs + the lime zest, lime juice and cheese.
- When zucchini is ready, place it in a nut bag to squeeze out the excess moisture- take your time with this, there will be a lot of juice and you really want to reduce the moisture down. It is a shame to see all the green nutritious zucchini juice go down the sink, so I squeezed into a bowl and poured it over the plants.
- Put the squeezed zucchini into a bowl- add the egg, jalapeños and minced garlic to the zucchini.
- Add your dried ingredients to your zucchini mix and using your hand, mix and combine until you have a consistency that will enable you to make a fritter in the palm of your hand. It is here you may need to add more or less of a dry or wet ingredient depending on the consistency of your own batch.
- Heat up your pan or BBQ – add oil to grill or plate if need by and place zucchini fritters on. They do take a little while to heat through and cook as they are quite moist. Once one side is done, then I added the swordfish steaks. However, this is where you are on your own. It all comes down to the consistency of your fritters and size of your fish fillets, you pretty much just need to time this yourself.
- While the fritters are cooking, make the Spicy Avocado and sour cream.
- Place avocado, sour cream, spinach and paprika in a small blender- blend. Done.