- Remembering- we all have a different carbohydrate threshold- so the dried fruit in this recipe is obviously a super “with caution” food.
- Its Easter, live your life a little- eat zee bun!
- Although if you are like some of my clients- gung ho and ultimate Keto, sticking to the lifestyle 100%, then no- these are not for you.
- No gluten to puff them up, so dont expect a big fluffy gluten filled bun.
- No added sugar to spike insulin.
- 100% Keto.
Makes 6 Small Buns
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- Good pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon Mixed Spice
- 1 heaped teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- Zest of half an Orange
- 1/3 cup Macadamia milk- or almond milk
- 3 Eggs
- 50 grams of dried fruit
Adding chopped dark chocolate is optional- i tried using 40 grams of Pana “eighty” chocolate but found it too sweet, preferring to use only dried fruit which consisted of raisins and cherry’s
- Preheat oven to 170 Deg Celsius
- Grease a muffin tin with butter or coconut oil
- Sift Almond flour, Coconut flour, Bi Carb and salt into a bowl.
- Mix through spices and orange zest.
- Make a well in the center and mix in milk and eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Stir dried fruit through the mixture.
- Divide evenly into muffin tray
- Bake 20 minutes- ovens vary- when buns bounce back they are done.
To cross your buns!
Beat 1 egg white until soft peaks form. Then beat in 3/4 Tablespoon coconut flour into egg white mixture. Spoon into a piping bag (or freezer bag). Pipe mixture into scored crosses on the buns before baking.