Thanks to its cane sugar free, low carbohydrate, high fibre content- this is a recipe that even a diabetic can enjoy.
Coconut flour has the highest fibre content of any other flour- which assists not only weight management, but keeping blood sugar levels low. High in Protein- in fact 20% protein, coconut flour contains all 8 of the essential amino acids. This is a wholesome nutritious treat, it won’t taste like your sugar laden Banana bread from the local Cafe- it will taste better! And if you really need a bigger sugar hit- I have added some options at the bottom of this recipe.
- 4 medium Bananas- mashed (They can be yellow- but this is a great opportunity to use your older black speckled skinned bananas that even the possums turn their nose up at)
- 4 Organic Eggs
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- ½ Cup of Macadamia Butter (Macadamia was my choice, however you can use Almond butter, coconut butter- whatever nut or seed butter you prefer.
- 4 Tablespoons or Organic Butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder (Gluten free)
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Organic Vanilla Bean extract.
- Pinch of Sea Salt
Preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
Combine your bananas, eggs, nut butter and organic butter. Mix well using a food processor- even your regular electric hand beater will do the job.
Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt- mix well.
Grease a regular sized loaf tin with the fat of your choice- I used organic butter. 25x10x7cm is approx your average sized tin. It will bake in approx 35-40 mins- but ovens can vary, so keep an eye on it.
Pour in your batter and spread it evenly across the tin.
Place in your preheated oven and bake away! Stick a skewer into the centre. If it comes out clean- it’s ready.
Remove from oven and flip straight out onto a cooling tray
Slice and serve hot with a little Organic Butter.
Homemade banana bread goes so well with any one of the following combos!
- Organic Butter with crushed Macadamia’s & Honey
- Coconut Syrup & Cinnamon
- Coconut butter and Cinnamon- options are endless.