Astaxanthin- The most powerful Anti oxidant known in the natural world.
Derived from a microalgae called Haematococcus pluvialis, Astaxanthin is classified as a carotenoid. Carotenoids are fat soluble pigments known for their antioxidant properties. They are what colours the orange and red found in plants and algae, and the blues, purples and reddish colours in aquatic animals.
Algae, plants and phytoplankton, as well as particular bacteria and fungi are the only organisms that can synthesize carotenoids. Us human as well as other animal species cannot synthesize carotenoids and must include them as part of our diet to maintain proper health.
The benefits of Astaxanthin can be felt in just two weeks. It is very safe- even in very high amounts. There are no known side effects and no contra-indications and i could not find any studies to prove otherwise. Astaxanthin must be taken with a fat, because unlike other anti-oxidants, Astaxanthin is both a water and fat soluble supplement. Taking it with fat, for example nuts avocado cheese- will increase its rate of absorption.
So here we go- let me give you a brief- and I mean brief, insight into the seemingly miraculous list of health benefits Astaxanthin has. Check out the potency of this little beauty!
Astaxanthin is stronger than Vitamin E 550 x Stronger (fat soluble)
Astaxanthin is stronger than Co Q 8000 X Stronger
Astaxanthin is stronger than Vit C 6000X- water soluble (water Soluble)
Astaxanthin is stronger than Lutein 10x Stronger
Astaxanthin is able to protect the entire cell- water and fat soluble parts. This is a unique function.
Astaxanthin is 20 x stronger than farm raised salmon- synthetic Astaxanthin. There are no long term studies on the effects of synthetic Astaxanthin that you ingest when eating farm raised Salmon. Always purchase Wild Salmon which contains natural Astaxanthin.
- Prevents tightening of muscles post exercise and reduction in muscle soreness
- Greatly Improves athletic performance of strength & endurance.
- Athletes generate a lot of oxidation- free radicals; it helps to combat those free radicals.
- Relieves symptoms of inflammatory diseases
- Reduces pain and intensity, increases mobility
- Reduces joint pain, tennis elbow, Arthritis, Reduces or totally eliminates Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Reduces joint soreness after exercise
- Promotes cardiovascular health, reduces C-Reactive Proteins (CRP’s)
- Protects the body from the dangerous oxidizing effects of Vioxx and COX-2 inhibitors (synthetic drugs), meaning that it can actually reduce the harmful side effects and deaths caused by other anti-inflammatory pharmaceuticals
Sun Damage / Skin care
- Sun damage- 4mg after just 2 weeks radically reduces your risk of developing sun burn and its damage to the skin.
- Astaxanthin blocks UV radiation, but does not block the rays that are required to produce Vitamin D.
- Improves skin moisture and elasticity- reduces fine lines around the eyes
- Astaxanthin accumulates in the retina preventing Macular degeneration
- Astaxanthin may assist Presbyopia (Farsightedness caused by loss of elasticity of the lens of the eye, occurring typically in middle and old age)
- Visual accommodation (tired eyes) reduces tired eyes once you have them
- Protects the eyes from sun damage & Cataracts- It actually blocks ultra violet radiation.
Research shows Astaxanthin is far more superior to the anti oxidant most people currently use to prevent eye damage called Lutein.
Synthetic Carotenoids that are used to prevent eye damage actually turn to pro oxidants- Pro oxidation is an unfavourable condition which is pro oxidation. We do not want oxidation, so anything PRO oxidant is unfavourable, which is why we take ANTI-oxidants like Astaxanthin to prevent oxidation.
- Astaxanthin assists to prevent inflammation of the brain assisting to prevent Alzheimer’s – slowing the effect of age related forgetfulness.
- Protects neurons and reduces oxidative damage to your DNA by 40%
- Less accumulation of Phospholipid- Hypo- peroxides. PHP’s are compounds that accumulate in people with dementia.
- Improves blood flow, reduces blood pressure, increases HDL cholesterol, reduces triglycerides
- Reduces blood sugar levels in diabetics and pre-diabetic
- Protects the kidneys from damage due to high blood sugar
- Improves Fertility while decreasing the rate of still born deaths.
- Protects the stomach from ulcers and invasive bacteria
- Protects the body from highly oxidative foods like fried foods
Now, if all that is really true, then Astaxanthin would be one of the most miraculous medicines ever discovered by modern science wouldn’t it? For any one substance to prevent and treat so many different diseases and to protect the human body in so many different ways, is nothing short of truly miraculous, so why isn’t this nutrient front page news?
The answer of course is because it can’t be patented. This natural substance, Astaxanthin is created by microalgae, so it’s not something that was invented by drug company scientists for patenting purposes. The sad fact of the matter is that drug companies (the shock the horror) are not interested in medicines that can’t be patented, no matter how helpful or miraculous they may really be.
Have you ever wondered what makes the flesh of Salmon so pink? Astaxanthin! And guess what gives Salmon the seemingly superhuman ability to achieve marathon swimming feats, leaping up waterfalls against the current? Astaxanthin, of course!