Mushrooms are a 10:1 ratio-that is, if your recipe says you need 1 kilo of fresh mushrooms, you need 100 grams of dehydrated- that easy. There are far greater concentrations of nutrients and therefore medicinal benefits in dehydrated mushrooms, I almost always use dehydrated mushrooms for cooking.
All of my measurements and weights in all of my recipes are to be used as a simple guide.
- 50 grams butter
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 large brown onion- finely chopped in a food processor
- 100grams of dehydrated mushroom – I used Porcini, Shiitake and Truffles.
- 2 Tablespoons of arrowroot flour
- 1 litre of chicken stock- or vegetable if you want to go vegetarian
- 1 Teaspoon Himalayan or sea bed salt
- ¼ cup organic double cream
- I used 1 Tablespoon of “Broth of life” vegetable broth to soak my mushrooms.
- Parmesan cheese and thyme to top