So much fibre, so few carbs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk – you may need to add a little water or more milk if you prefer
- ¼ cup (57 grams) almond flour
- 2 Tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoons freshly ground flax seeds
- 2 Teaspoon freshly ground sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A big shake of cinnamon
- Stevia to taste- recommended
I would have topped mine with crushed brazil nuts (selenium selenium selenium) but id ran out- so almond flakes it was!
- Add all ingredients except for your topping to a small saucepan- stir until combined over a low heat.
- The super soluble chia and flax seeds are going to absorb all that moisture up quickly, so be sure the heat is low and heat slowly so you actually get your porridge warm. Add a little extra almond milk if you think it needs it.
- Stir continuously until you get a slight simmer- no need to cover.
- Remove from the stove top and spoon into a bowl. Top with your choice of nuts or any topping you like- berries and honey would be a not so keto version. Remember, Ketogenic foods can vary with the individual- and staying in ketosis is simply determined by the carbohydrate amount you have chosen on the day.
- ½ a cup of berries may work for you one day, but bump you out of ketosis the next- it all depends on your own carbohydrate threshold.