Aloe Vera is one of the few plants in the world to contain vitamin B12. So there’s a cracker of an opening line- get this plant growing in an area of your sundrenched garden sunroom or balcony now.
Lots of people are familiar with the many benefits of using Aloe Vera topically for alleviating sun burnt skin, however the true therapeutic scale of this wondrous succulent is little known by most.
The benefits of drinking pure unsweetened Aloe Vera Juice are out of this world, and with over 150 Nutritional ingredients- including 19 of the 22 amino acids required by the body, it’s up there with the best in nutritional medicine.
Check out the powerful functions of just some of the phytochemicals in Aloe Vera
- The salicylic acid components of Aloe make it a terrific anti-inflammatory and analgesic- pain reliever.
- The Phenolic anti-biotic compounds of aloe vera have a stimulating effect on the bowel, aiding in gastric motility and softening stools.
- Anthraquinones help with absorption of nutrients from the gastro intestinal tract. Anthraquinones are also anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and have pain relieving analgesic effects. Anthraquinones breakup residue, pus and lifeless cells, bring blood to injured areas- flushing out material from wounds and ulcers.
- Enzymes within the body act as catalysts, breaking down proteins we eat into amino acids. Brimming with Enzymes, Aloe Vera contains 8 of the most important- aiding in digestion and absorption of the various foods you eat. This makes Aloe Vera a fantastic addition to your smoothies assisting in the breakdown of the fibrous content- increasing absorption gives you an extra charge of green energy! Let’s not forget it’s all about energy in this life- on many levels, the more energy you have the more you can…. let your imagination go with the boundless possibilities of what more energy can do for you!
- Lignins are a major part of cellulose- an insoluble fibrous substance which is the main constituent of plant cell walls that allows for penetrative properties. Penetrative properties huh?! It’s the penetrative properties of Lignin’s that enable Aloe Vera to soak into the skin up to seven layers deep. Lignins penetrate the toughened areas of the skin proving great relief for skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis.
- The polysaccharides within Aloe Vera are known for their ability to restore and boost the immune system by stimulating the production of macrophages (cells of the immune system) and improving the activity of T-Lymphocytes- another type of cell within the immune that regulates the response to destroy infected or malignant (cancerous) cells by up to 50 %.
- To strengthen cellular immunity – one of the keys to wellbeing and reducing your likelihood of falling sick at the drop of every virus within your community. Aloe Vera is an anti-oxidant rich plant- WE LOVE ANTI OXIDANTS! Anti-oxidants help boost the immune system and combat the oxidative stress of free radicals in the body.
A guide to the health benefits of drinking pure Aloe Vera juice:
- Detox Aloe vera juice is a great natural aid to detox. With our stressful lives, the pollution around us and the junk foods we eat, we all need to cleanse and detoxify our systems from time to time. Some people more often than others. Drinking aloe vera juice provides a fantastically rich cocktail of vitamins, minerals and trace elements to help our bodies deal with these stresses and strains every day.
- Healthy Digestion A healthy digestive system ensures we absorb as many nutrients as possible from our diet. Drinking Aloe Vera juice improves bowel regularity and increases protein absorption. It also helps to decrease the amount of unfriendly bacteria and yeast in our gut- It’s all about the gut- which is a whole other article in itself.
- Natural Immune Support Aloe vera is full of anti-oxidants – natural immune enhancers which fight free radicals within our body. Free radicals are the unstable compounds produced as a side effect of our metabolism. They are thought to cause various ailments, as well as contributing to the ageing process. Drinking aloe vera juice regularly gives the body a regular supply of anti-oxidants, which can boost and enhance the immune system.
- Collagen and Elastin Repair for Healthy Skin Drinking Aloe Vera juice adds a rich supply of raw materials to your diet which can produce and maintain really healthy skin. The skin replaces itself every 28 days. Using the nutritional building blocks of aloe vera, your skin can use these nutrients daily to help combat the effects of ageing. Aloe Vera used topically also helps in soothing minor burns, cuts, scrapes and skin irritations. Start growing this little giver in your back yard, it’s a hearty succulent- it needs no love, just our hot Aussie sun.
- Regulate Weight and Energy Levels Drinking Aloe Vera juice naturally allows the body to cleanse the digestive system. Our diets include many substances which can cause fatigue and exhaustion. Taken regularly, Aloe Vera juice ensures a greater feeling of well-being, allowing energy levels to increase and helps maintain a healthy body weight.
- Daily Dose of Vitamins & Minerals Aloe Vera juice contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 and Folate. The Aloe Vera plant is one of the few plants in the world to contain vitamin B12, Vitamin C, E and Folic Acid. The human body cannot store some of these vitamins, so we need to supplement them regularly through our diet. The minerals found in aloe vera include Calcium, Sodium, Iron, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Magnesium, Chromium and more… Plenty of nutrition in aloe vera juice.
- Dental Health Aloe vera is extremely helpful for your mouth and gums. As well as its natural anti-bacterial and anti-microbial actions, it contains vitamins and minerals which promote cell growth and healing. There are some tooth gels available which contain a high level of pure Aloe Vera, Aloe helps reduces bleeding gums and mouth ulcers.
- Better than Nutritional Supplements Adding good foods to your diet, rich in naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, is far better than adding supplements alone and aloe is one of nature’s best representatives.